Monkey Wrench Cycles can provide all manner of specialized wheel services, including custom wheel builds, hub servicing and tubeless conversions.
We use only DT Swiss and Sapim spokes, and carry a wide range of DT Swiss Competition double butted spokes in stock.
We can provide specialized servicing on the world’s best hubs – including DT Swiss, Chris King, Mavic and Shimano hubs.
Wheel True ($20)
- True wheel and tension spokes, replace broken or damaged spokes as necessary
Wheel Build ($85, labour, plus parts)
We can build a variety of wheels to suit application and rider – and have built just about every wheel under the sun, from downhill to trials, cross country, road, track, touring, tandem and BMX.
Monkey Wrench built wheels have won Real Insurance XCM Marathons, National Titles in 24 Hour racing and Observed Trials, and have completed numerous gruelling loaded tours.
The basic wheel build process is below:
- Lace and build wheel
- Tension wheel correctly and evenly
- Dish wheel to within 1mm
- True wheel to within 1mm
- Radial true to within 1mm
Convert wheel to tubeless ($35, labour, plus parts)
- Remove wheel, remove tyre and tube, rim tape
- Clean and inspect rim interior
- Inspect tyre
- Install tubeless tape and valve (Stan’s, Sun, FRM rims)
- Install tubeless conversion strip (Mavic, DT, etc rims)
- Install tubeless valve (Mavic, Shimano, Easton, Crank Brothers UST wheels)
- Install sealant, seat and inflate tyre
- Note: Tubeless conversion is not suitable for all rims, in some cases new tyres may be required. Please contact us for advice regarding the suitability of your equipment